The wondrous shoopuf.
One of Maechen’s most delightful natterings, although I keep wanting to change it to the more common spelling, “schnoz.”
I’m not the least bit surprised that Maechen employs Yiddish slang.
Spellblade, now in color.
(I always liked how sort of fussy this design was, it’s very different from the rest of the Viera classes!)
Captain Faris would approve.
Zell and Rikku doesn’t even bear thinking about.
Attempt at promotional art for my Final Fantasy XII fanfic Ally: Life.
And now that I have time and it’s not three days past my bedtime, here’s the comments I indented to make on this:
- This took forever to do and was hard as fuck (considering I haven’t drawn in like a year or whatnot) - the first hour was beating my head against the tablet, but it did get easier along the way, which was unexpected but nice
- I forgot nearly all my GIMP skills and my brushes are all fucked up (will need to investigate)
- I used two in-game renders as reference
- Her ears are too short and look weird (I’ll have to brush up on my bunny-ears skillz (not that I have any))
- Hair turned too curly and not fluffy enough looking
- Wtf is up with those feathers XD
- Hands, HANDS hgmfgmg
- Not sure I managed to get her overbite right. I made some conscious subtle changes to the ref I was using: I tried focusing on making her as little Caucasian-looking as possible (the first versions were just wrong)
- Chest is slightly too large
- As with all unskilled artists, this didn’t turn out how I had planned. But at least I learned something.
Now, re: her garb and the choices I made with her outfit . it’s supposed to be somewhat more Hume-like but still remain true to her Viera persona. When I get around to colouring it, it will be green. It’s the garb she wears during the years she hunts with Buckaboo and gets to know Gumalu. Balthier likes it. For some reason. Haa.
They both nod a thank you to the serving boy as he sets down two fresh mugs of the devilish honey drink. “I like your new garb”, Balthier says to her. Fran looks down at her black and dark green bodice. “It’s not that different from the last one I wore. I’m surprised you even noticed.” When she looks back at him, he is biting his tongue while grinning, his eyes liquid; Fran throws a grape at him.
One day I’ll do the coloured version and repost it. Hopefully I’ll get around to doing the kids, which is what I originally intended to do. (To new readers: No they’re not Fran and Balthier’s kids. In this semi-AU, Viera and Hume don’t breed (unless doing a magick ritual that requires sacrificing twenty virgins and a goat - NO NOT THE GOAT))
Also thanks to thepartisancorsair for inspiring me to pull out my tablet (it had dust and even gum on it, lol) since watching one of her drawing sessions. (She knows her shit. Watching her make choices along the way was a lesson.)
All excellent, and I love the face.
But my shallow archery-fan self is just delighted that you ditched the huge flange on her vambrace that would snag a bowstring and totally spoil her shot. THIS would actually work, unlike Fran’s in-game design!
Waicon Sunday costumes!
Ixion (me) and Yuna (Cristyn) from Final Fantasy X performing our skit.
We ended up winning for best performance!
Hopefully when I get hold of a video I will post here.
Our group page is here: https://www.facebook.com/arccosplay
Please give us a like!
Your Ixion is all kinds of awesome!
If you’re ever looking for that perfect Final Fantasy gift, then pop by my store - over 150 designs, almost every one of them a geek or gamer reference. Perfect for the nerdy-other-half, or just a little something for your own materia quest!
Okay, HERE. Happy birthday, KJ! I was trying to find a Paine fanart of some sort that would make you smile.
Here’s uncle Grumpypants with his awesome niece, even if it only happened in your fic. (The original artist was thinking “father figure,” so, similar wavelengths of headcanon.)